In the Applications Specialist position, you will work as part of a multi-disciplinary consulting & analytical practice using a wide variety of IT automation technologies and solutions to grow ESG’s diverse brand related product offerings. This individual will translate client business & functional requirements gathered by the PMO group, to technical requirements, and once defined, implement and support. The Applications Specialist will also field inquiries and make recommendations for technical business solutions to satisfy client requests in a timely manner, and resolve issues that help streamline business processes and automate work flows.
Energy Services Group (ESG) is the leading provider of Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions for the retail and wholesale energy industries. Today, consumers are demanding more control of their energy use – and we are switching away from traditional electric and gas utilities to more nimble, data centric suppliers and retailers. ESG has over 300 retailer/supplier clients supporting over 20 millions residential, commercial and industrial consumers spanning the worlds largest energy markets including US, Canada, Mexico, UK and Japan. Our solutions include usage and data management, billing, pricing, demand scheduling, pipeline and storage management, and data analytics. We are the only software company with the scale, global reach and expertise to uniquely support this rapidly changing marketplace.
In April 2016, ESG received a major investment from Accel-KKR to enable the company to accelerate its vision and product roadmap. Since then, ESG has expanded our products and services, acquired key competitors and partners in North America, and established a global presence in Europe and Asia. Accel-KKR is one of the leading technology-focused investment firm with $5.0 billion in capital commitments to its current funds. The firm invests in software and IT enabled businesses well positioned for topline and bottom-line growth.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company in an exciting evolving industry. We are seeking a Application Delivery Analyst to join our team.
- Deep understanding across multiple ESG brand related products
- Configure & maintain client CIS system
- Have strong command of client technical and business requirements
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation and specifications
- Manage on-going client and trading partner requirements
- Monitor market conditions for new or changing practices and requirements
- Troubleshoot existing software applications and programs, finding and implementing solutions to existing and potential problems
- Develop new applications and programs and implement new software programs and applications to meet specific business goals and customer needs
- Provide live technical support to customers using application programs via web or phone communication
- Train customers and internal resources
- Create training materials and gives verbal training instructions to customers and other staff members, advising them on the best ways to use applications and software to meet their desired goals and complete tasks
- Author reports on application programs based on data analysis, outlining areas that need improvement and creating suggestions to streamline application software functions
- Provide Level Two (L2) exception support handling for system configurations & processing such as reporting, pricing, forecasting, billing, integration testing, transactional processing, SOW activity, application and security administration, and all other functional areas of the Service Management Tower that require L2 support
- Communicate with internal resources from within Engineering to identify and resolve any process/product defects, as well as, Product Management for designing & testing of new products and functionality
- Work in partnership with PMO on new client on-boarding, managing of existing client implementations into new markets, and any other PMO initiative that requires additional support
- All other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to work on and lead multiple projects, meet tight deadlines, and creatively solve problems
- Ability to work with both business and technical personnel
- Strong customer service skills including answering questions, providing training and resolving customer issues
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills to troubleshoot potential software application problems and design fixes for them
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to provide training and instruction to customers and staff members on software application functions and to explain highly technical issues in an easy-to-understand way
- Skilled at multitasking and staying organized
- Ability to write SQL queries
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Power Point
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Occasional travel may be required
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience