As an Automation Engineer you will be part of a team responsible for delivering high quality software products. You will be test various multi-tier applications at scale & integration between different subsystems of our SaaS cloud solutions. Our Automation Engineers perform requirements review, test case creation, test case execution and partner effectively with other teams such as Business Analysts, Engineering, and Solutions Delivery. A team-player, collaboration-oriented, mindset is essential.
Energy Services Group (ESG) is the leading provider of Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions for the retail and wholesale energy industries. Today, consumers are demanding more control of their energy use – and are switching away from traditional electric and gas utilities to more nimble, data centric suppliers and retailers. ESG has over 300 retailer/supplier clients supporting over 20 million residential, commercial and industrial consumers spanning the world’s largest energy markets including US, Canada, Mexico, UK and Japan. Our solutions include usage and data management, billing, pricing, demand scheduling, pipeline and storage management, and data analytics. We are the only software company with the scale, global reach and expertise to uniquely support this rapidly changing marketplace.
In April 2016, ESG received a major investment from Accel-KKR to enable the company to accelerate its vision and product roadmap. Since then, ESG has expanded our products and services, acquired key competitors and partners in North America, and established a global presence in Europe and Asia. Accel-KKR is one of the leading technology-focused investment firms with $5.0 billion in capital commitments to its current funds. The firm invests in software and IT enabled businesses well positioned for topline and bottom-line growth.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company in a rapidly evolving industry.
- Work as a member of the technical team to refine customer requirements into testable software
- Develop, publishes and executes test plans and test cases to align with requirements and potentially for automation
- Perform test case execution and reporting of results
- Functional, integration and system testing using the appropriate technology/tools. Work closely with the Engineering team to validate tests. Investigate, troubleshoot, and address production issues
- Verify changes to application / system software
- Document defects / issues and assign for action; work with developer(s) to address the issues
- Work diligently towards release / deployment of the applications. Provide traceability as appropriate.
- Collaborate with other QA engineers and developers. Adheres to ESG quality assurance standards and continuously improves test processes.
- All other related duties as assigned
- 3+ years of experience in application testing.
- Solid understanding of QA methodology in an agile engineering organization is required. Proficiency in SDLC and STLC processes to strengthen application quality
- Proven experience in writing, executing, monitoring and debugging automation tests using one or more frameworks such as Selenium, QTP, ReadyAPI (Soap UI) or other related frameworks.
- Has used major database technologies (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle). Skilled in constructing SQL queries, joins, etc. Able to understand application business rules and workflow transactions
- Experience in writing clear, well-structured test plans, test cases, test scripts, then executing test plans / cases and capturing logs
- Demonstrated track record of cross functional working with product, development and infrastructure teams.
- Attention to detail, concentration and organizational skills
- Flexibility when priorities shift, able to support team of developers.
- Energetic and self-driven individual able to work in a team atmosphere
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use judgment and experience to plan and accomplish goals
- Able to identify risks, mitigate them and complete project objectives
- Experience with EDI structured data and ColdFusion are nice to have
- Prior experience with continuous integration and deployment and familiarity with Devops ecosystem of tools such as Jenkins / Bamboo is a plus
- Prior experience working with cloud technologies such as AWS / Azure is a plus..