The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for planning and operational delivery of marketing activities agreed with the Marketing Manager in the execution of the company Marketing Plan. The role includes a range of activities for an experienced, competent Marketing professional across market & competitor research, market facing document preparation to promote the company brand, sales process outputs preparation, events formation and delivery, internal and external newsletter production, customer case studies, social media preparation, website news updates, office brand livery, marketing budget administration and other marketing activities. The role is primarily office based with external travel to events, customers, third party support organizations and sector meetings as required. This function plays a key role in helping ESG generate maximum value from its marketing investment across a range of disciplines to drive brand recognition, market position awareness and customer engagement.
Energy Services Group (ESG) is the leading provider of Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions for the retail and wholesale energy industries. Today, consumers are demanding more control of their energy use – and we are switching away from traditional electric and gas utilities to more nimble, data centric suppliers and retailers. ESG has over 300 retailer/supplier clients supporting over 20 millions residential, commercial and industrial consumers spanning the worlds largest energy markets including US, Canada, Mexico, UK and Japan. Our solutions include usage and data management, billing, pricing, demand scheduling, pipeline and storage management, and data analytics. We are the only software company with the scale, global reach and expertise to uniquely support this rapidly changing marketplace.
In April 2016, ESG received a major investment from Accel-KKR to enable the company to accelerate its vision and product roadmap. Since then, ESG has expanded our products and services, acquired key competitors and partners in North America, and established a global presence in Europe and Asia. Accel-KKR is one of the leading technology-focused investment firm with $5.0 billion in capital commitments to its current funds. The firm invests in software and IT enabled businesses well positioned for topline and bottom-line growth.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company in an exciting evolving industry. We are seeking a Marketing Coordinator t to join our team.
- Marketing research of our sector, competitors, customers, market trends and regulatory drivers
- Formation and delivery of marketing events, both in terms of formal conferences and company developed events.
- Formation and circulation of internal and external marketing newsletters
- Preparation and administration of marketing communications including website news updates, social media & inputs to press releases for approval then distribution.
- Preparation of sales and company marketing materials to moderate level of skill including slide sets, collateral, adverts, articles and briefings.
- Track and administer local marketing budget spend including preparation of purchase requests and obtaining quotes.
- Act as local brand champion and seek to promote it in our office livery, documentation, company materials and more widely throughout the business.
- Administer local internal marketing activities in collaboration with HR for such as company support, charitable contributions, community engagement and social activities.
- Work alongside equivalent peers in other company territories to collaborate on company-wide Marketing activities and initiatives.
- Awareness and compliance with marketing governance in line with the Marketing Plan and local laws.
- Contribute to marketing planning, action plans, initiatives and competitive campaigns
- All other related duties as assigned.
- 2-4 years of experience in marketing, communication or, market planning. Placements as part of academic education will be considered as part of relevant experience.
- Tradeshow and/or meeting and events experience a plus
- Experience engaging in or supporting social media websites
- Excellent organizational and both written and oral communication skills
- Strong competency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, some proficiency with WordPress for website content management
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task while maintaining attention to detail
- Graphic design and knowledge of Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and HTML, a plus
- Able to work in a supervised way and on own initiative as a ‘self- starter’.
- Up to 20% travel may be required
- Marketing qualifications pertinent to the level of the role, including enthusiasm for continued development which may require company funding training and certification in own time as part of employee development.
- A Marketing / Digital Marketing diploma or equivalent in Marketing is desirable, either through relevant qualifications from the American Marketing Association (AMA) or UK Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM).