As Product Manager, you will be part of a team that is charged with a product line contribution. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
Founded in 1998, Energy Services Group (ESG) is the retail energy industry’s leading provider of transaction management (EDI), billing and CIS, and wholesale energy services. Offering the industry’s only end-to-end business process solution, ESG provides comprehensive and proven solutions for the unique business process needs of start-up retail suppliers and established, global suppliers of natural gas and electricity – and to everyone in between. ESGʼs 200 plus retail supplier clients support over 15 million residential, commercial and industrial customers in production behind over 130 electric and gas utilities in the US, Canada, Mexico, UK, Australia and Japan.
In April 2016, ESG received a major investment from Accel-KKR to enable the company to accelerate its vision and product roadmap. Accel-KKR is a technology-focused investment firm with $4.0 billion in capital commitments to its current funds. The firm invests in software and IT enabled businesses well-positioned for topline and bottom-line growth.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company in an exciting evolving industry. Our Burlington, MA office is seeking an experienced Product Manager to join our team.
- Manage the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Define product strategy and roadmap process/model to meet the product and corporate vision
- Manage ongoing Product Roadmap in conjunction with Engineering and Technology
- Establish and manage an ongoing Customer advisory board and processes to review roadmap and solicit feedback, share market research, off site events
- Be an active participant in the Agile / Scrum ceremonies, manage and set internal stakeholder expectation, represent the customer and internal stakeholders in the scrum team(s).
- Write effective user stories, acceptance criteria, accept the product, prepare and distribute release notes.
- Define and fulfill a Voice of the Customer (VOC) role including ‘Reach out and touch’ client visits, discussions, observations of product in use. participating in Industry events, conferences
- All other related duties as assigned.
- 8+ years of software solutions/product management experience
- Solid familiarity with agile / scrum methodology, solid knowledge of agile user story development and proven track record of successfully conducting the responsibilities of the ‘product owner’ role in Agile.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- This position may require travel to customer and non-customer sites in North America
- Good working knowledge skills with Microsoft Office Products, Microsoft Visio, and Microsoft Powerpoint.
- Strong project management skills with effective results focus within an information systems environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines to support operational processes.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities;
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a high pressure environment with changing priorities.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from a four-year College or University in related field or possess the equivalent experience
- ESG offers an attractive compensation package with competitive pay, unlimited paid time off, health insurance coverage, paid parental leave, educational assistance, 401k retirement plan, and more!
Please send resumes in confidence to Jobs@EnergyServicesGroup.net or fax to 781-871-0792.