The role of the Sales Executive is to generate new business opportunities, build a qualified pipeline and grow existing relationships to drive revenue. The ideal candidate has a consistent track record exceeding sales objectives for SaaS and enterprise software clients. Successful applicants possess a reputation for competence, professionalism, integrity and a passion for winning.
Energy Services Group (ESG) is the leading provider of Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions for the retail and wholesale energy industries. Today, consumers are demanding more control of their energy use – and are switching away from traditional electric and gas utilities to more nimble, data centric suppliers and retailers. ESG has over 300 retailer/supplier clients supporting over 20 million residential, commercial and industrial consumers spanning the worlds largest energy markets including US, Canada, Mexico, UK and Japan. Our solutions include usage and data management, billing, pricing, demand scheduling, pipeline and storage management, and data analytics. We are the only software company with the scale, global reach and expertise to uniquely support this rapidly changing marketplace.
In April 2016, ESG received a major investment from Accel-KKR to enable the company to accelerate its vision and product roadmap. Since then, ESG has expanded our products and services, acquired key competitors and partners in North America, and established a global presence in Europe and Asia. Accel-KKR is one of the leading technology-focused investment firms with $5.0 billion in capital commitments to its current funds. The firm invests in software and IT enabled businesses well positioned for topline and bottom-line growth.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a successful company experiencing significant growth in an exciting, evolving industry. We are currently seeking highly-driven, accomplished and dynamic Sales Executive to join our team.
- Identify and generate new sales opportunities through analysis and discovery, understanding key decision makers and determining the appropriate approach for each
- Become an expert in our products and their value proposition in the marketplace
- Competitively position our solution with prospective clients and enterprise software stakeholders through value-based selling and ROI analysis
- Partner with internal teams to create a sales proposal based on customer needs, including appropriate pricing strategy, solution implementation and future customer growth potential
- Participate in face-to-face meetings to present proposals, offer solutions, and close business
- Quickly develop and maintain a robust sales pipeline and monthly forecasting of the business
- Manage the overall deal process; deploy the right internal resources at the right time to drive deals to closure
- Regularly interact with senior management to ensure division objectives are met
- Become proficient in the Retail Energy industry and key trends impacting the marketplace
- Coordinate with sales leaders in other regions on cross-border (global) deals
- Participate in sales governance process including weekly sales review meetings, pipeline reviews, etc
- Maintain a current and accurate view of all sale activities, meetings and status, etc in the global sales reporting information system
- Drive growth by effectively addressing the customer’s business needs, offering appropriate value proposition, building urgency, and closing accounts
- Develop and execute on short and long term sales strategy across the company
- Track and manage sales pipeline and account activities in SharePoint
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic background preferred
- 7+ years of SaaS and/or enterprise software sales or business development experience with a proven track record of success
- Experience in identifying, developing, negotiating and closing large-scale software and technology deals
- Strong communication, analytic and listening skills
- Exceptional presentation and closing skills
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast-paced, evolving team environment
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment will maintaining a high-level of quality and professionalism
- Proven ability to interact effectively at all levels within an organization, including executive and C-level
- Strong professional work ethic with a high level of initiative and positive attitude
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint
- Must be willing to travel