The Senior Director, Product & Engineering is responsible for leading the organization’s technical vision for our suite of products. In this capacity, this individual will further evolve the software development, Q/A and automation, architecture, and technical operations that can differentiate the Company’s offering. Reporting to the CEO, this individual will play a key leadership role in determining business, portfolio and product strategy, setting direction, forming important partnerships, bringing the voice of the customer into the organization and building a high-performing team.
The Engineering organization is made up of over 80 employees and contractors and it is expected that the selected candidate will evolve this team. Success in this role will depend upon managing product development and delivery (i.e. hitting product release milestones, at agreed upon quality levels); achieving high levels of customer satisfaction with the products; and introducing processes and methodologies which impact development team performance, enable scaling and deliver product to market faster. The Vice President of Product will have a unique opportunity to build a best-in-class organization and the vision and capabilities of this individual will have a substantial impact on the success of the company.
Energy Services Group (ESG) is the leading provider of Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions for the retail and wholesale energy industries. Today, consumers are demanding more control of their energy use – and are switching away from traditional electric and gas utilities to more nimble, data centric suppliers and retailers. ESG has over 300 retailer/supplier clients supporting over 20 million residential, commercial and industrial consumers spanning the world’s largest energy markets including US, Canada, Mexico, UK and Japan. Our solutions include usage and data management, billing, pricing, demand scheduling, pipeline and storage management, and data analytics. We are the only software company with the scale, global reach and expertise to uniquely support this rapidly changing marketplace.
In April 2016, ESG received a major investment from Accel-KKR to enable the company to accelerate its vision and product roadmap. Since then, ESG has expanded our products and services, acquired key competitors and partners in North America, and established a global presence in Europe and Asia. Accel-KKR is one of the leading technology-focused investment firms with $5.0 billion in capital commitments to its current funds. The firm invests in software and IT enabled businesses well positioned for topline and bottom-line growth.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company in an exciting evolving industry. Our Burlington, Ma is seeking an experienced Senior Director, Product & Engineering to join our team.
- Transform the Company’s product strategy and lead the short / long-range planning process – in close collaboration with the CEO and executive leadership team
- Work closely with Product Management to create and maintain a robust product roadmap plan that turns the product strategy into a reality
- Monitor, improve and accelerate the product development process; improve product quality, reduce defect rates and identify new ways to optimize product maintenance/support
- Put the customer first – ensure all customer and roadmap commitments are met on time
- Establish and manage a product development and technical operations plan and budget; develop and implement an operating strategy that is aligned with the technology and architectural vision
- Identify new technology partners to integrate into various ESG solution components to provide new and unique solutions to the retail energy marketplace; create joint development programs with potential strategic partners where appropriate
- Develop and track KPIs / Metrics to ensure alignment with corporate and customer objectives
- Introduce new product development processes such as Agile, drive product rationalization/integration from M&A activities and build an R&D capability to pilot/explore new technologies
- Achieve enterprise platform scalability and performance goals; ensure customer SLA’s are met and provide on-going management of all key infrastructure partners
- Ensure the company develops and maintains an appropriate disaster recovery and redundancy posture
- Work closely with the CISO to meet all required security and compliance objectives
- Identify organizational gaps and recruit strong contributors where necessary in support of overall product development goals, manage the team to high levels of performance, and implement effective and efficient project management processes; mentor the existing team.
- Champion an environment where new ideas, perspectives, and approaches continually surface; promote key elements of the Company’s evolving culture
- Develop a collaborative and effective working environment with the other functional areas and leadership; facilitate and demonstrate open, constructive and timely communications
- 10+ years of demonstrated success in a management position for the development of a complex business applications software offering
- 7+ years of which should include the entire life cycle from specification through development, product design, execution of working prototypes, beta testing, QA, product release, and sustaining engineering
- Prior experience working for B2B enterprise software companies; experience leading product development organizations responsible for multiple products
- Experience in SaaS, .Net and Java environments is required
- Past exposure to managing diverse development teams (FTEs, outsourcing, off-shore, crowdsourcing, etc.) is essential; experience managing international teams a plus
- Must have the ability to understand market dynamics, recognize and identify trends and inputs, and be a key contributor in the development of the product road map
- Must have prior experience managing a SaaS operations and technology infrastructure team including experience with AWS and/or Azure
- Must be able to rapidly assess the company’s technology portfolio and then be able to translate previous experience into the management of design, development, and deployment plans
- Able to provide performance and scalability technical guidance to achieve product performance targets
- Ability to make sound decisions based on a combination of analyses, experience, judgment and intuition
- Must be a proven leader with superior communications skills, well-developed management and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience working with senior executives from other functional areas to evaluate and determine strategic direction and execution
- Experience in a PE owned organization a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, applied math, or a related discipline required, Master’s degree preferred
- ESG offers an attractive compensation package with competitive pay, unlimited paid time off, health insurance coverage, paid parental leave, educational assistance, 401k retirement plan, and more!
Please send resumes in confidence to Jobs@EnergyServicesGroup.net or fax to 781-871-0792.