The Software Engineer develops information systems by studying operations, designing, developing and installing software solutions and supports and develops the software team.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. The Software Engineer should have strong software and analytic skills and the ability to create innovative solutions with a willingness to express opinions and ideas. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is looking to grow their career in a fast-paced environment.
Founded in 1998, Energy Services Group (ESG) is the retail energy industry’s leading provider of transaction management (EDI), billing and CIS, and wholesale energy services. Offering the industry’s only end-to-end business process solution, ESG provides comprehensive and proven solutions for the unique business process needs of start-up retail suppliers and established, global suppliers of natural gas and electricity – and to everyone in between. ESGʼs 200 plus retail supplier clients support over 15 million residential, commercial and industrial customers in production behind over 130 electric and gas utilities in the US, Canada, Mexico, UK, Australia and Japan.
In April 2016, ESG received a major investment from Accel-KKR to enable the company to accelerate its vision and product roadmap. Accel-KKR is a technology-focused investment firm with $4.0 billion in capital commitments to its current funds. The firm invests in software and IT enabled businesses well-positioned for topline and bottom-line growth.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company in an exciting evolving industry. Our Plano, TX location is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join our team.
- Develop software using disciplined processes, adhering to industry standards and best practices, including agile development methods throughout the SDLC
- Code, debug, and unit test systems per requirements and technical design.
- Code, update, debug and optimize SQL
- Analyzing business and use cases and functional requirements and working with product managers and business analysts to produce detailed designs and provide detailed estimates for new features, enhancements or repairs to existing programs.
- Adhere to design, architecture, performance, and operability and documentation standards.
- Document software applications, its configuration options, and expected results.
- Supporting testing activities by QA and service delivery teams.
- Team player who is delivery-oriented and takes responsibility for the team’s success
- Enthusiastic, can-do attitude with the drive to continually learn and improve
- All other related duties as assigned.
- Experience with C#, .Net Core, ReactJS and React-Redux
- Strong object-oriented design skills and knowledge of design patterns
- Experience with SQL and relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server or MySql)
- Skilled with Web-Service based technologies such as SOAP, REST, experience with microservices architecture pattern.
- Knowledge of unit testing, experience with continuous integration and deployment methodologies, code instrumentation techniques, code quality metrics such as Mocha JS and Jasmine.
- Knowledge of ‘code refactoring patterns’, proven skills to modernize legacy applications.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies such as AWS, AWS S3, Cognito and Lambda is a strong plus.
- Familiarity with queuing technologies such as RabbitMQ or AWS SMS is a strong plus.
- Must thrive in fast-paced environment and be adept at problem solving and delivery high-quality software
- Must be able and willing to collaborate in a team/cooperative environment as well as exercise independent judgment and initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load and meet multiple project deadlines.
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field required
- ESG offers an attractive compensation package with competitive pay, unlimited paid time off, health insurance coverage, paid parental leave, educational assistance, 401k retirement plan, and more!