- To be discussed
- Contract Type
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Utiligroup is a market leading provider of innovative technology and services to the utilities and energy industry. We are creating a more competitive utilities sector, improving our customer’s lives through better service and greater choice and guiding our clients through complex industry change. Our purpose is to make energy smarter for everyone. We deploy our technology and talent to deliver innovation and automation through our SaaS and Business Process Management solutions from which we create actionable data analytics and insight. To date, Utiligroup has enabled a significant number of new entrant energy suppliers to enter the industry and we manage several million customers on behalf of suppliers and metering companies. Clients include a host of well-known energy providers, both UK and overseas-based.
The Utilisoft Application Support Analyst shall be responsible for deploying and supporting the range of Utilisoft products. The position shall require the Application Support Analyst to research, plan, install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain and upgrade software deployments, both internally and externally across the entire suite of Utilisoft products.
Shift work: Covering Monday to Saturday 07:00 – 21:30, a minimum of 37.5 hours per week
- Provide front-line support to customers
- Troubleshoot and resolve software problems, internally and externally
- Provide application support and guidance, internally and externally.
- Completion of incident reports
- Participation in helpdesk review and analysis
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of software applications to internal test environments
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of software applications on customer environments
- Work with Infrastructure, Network and Product Development teams to investigate complex issues, identify and implement solutions to new and re-occurring problems
- Work with other members of staff to ensure transfer of knowledge and understanding of problems, practices and processes.
- Develop documentation that aids successful implementation and operation of software applications for both new deployments.
- Develop documentation and mappings of upgrade procedures for general and specific scenarios
- Demonstrate knowledge of the entire Utilisoft product suite to facilitate the deployment of applications on a customer’s environment, including variable parameters
- Analyse and evaluate existing or proposed software systems to determine feasibility, time required and process.
- Record and maintain system documentation and software inventories
- Follow procedures and seek assistance when guidelines are inadequate, deviations from the standard are proposed or when unanticipated problems arise.
- Document problems and resolutions for future reference
- To understand the concept of solution implementation; assist in the implementation of new and amended solutions
- To report progress and participate in progress meetings
- To understand the importance of configuration management and participate within a formal configuration and change management system
- To understand the importance of change control and work within a formal change control system
- To understand the importance of quality control, to comply with all relevant standards and procedures and participate in quality assurance and control activities
- To contribute to the project planning process by providing estimates of effort and elapsed time for the assigned work; to advise of any deviations from the plan
Skills & Attributes
- Knowledge and experience of Software Deployment
- Knowledge and Experience of Customer Support
- Knowledge and Experience of SQL databases
- Knowledge and experience of system monitoring solutions
- Excellent Customer Service skills including Customer-Facing
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong problem solving and organisation skills
- Excellent written and oral communications
- ISO Responsibilities
- ISO Staff Awareness
- Follow IMS Policies
- Reporting of Incidents