- Contract Type
- Contract Type
- Shifts Monday to Saturday between 07:30 and 21:30. A minimum of 37.5 hours per week. On-call out of hours support required 1 week in 4. There may be rare occasions where work falls outside of these hours i.e., major incident response or large project delivery.
- Chorley - Hybrid
We are an innovative and market leading software & services company based in Chorley serving clients in the utility sector ranging from new entrants to large existing suppliers. We deliver sophisticated software solutions and managed services in a Private Cloud infrastructure, servicing both traditional and modern real-time, smart energy clients. Our purpose is to make utilities smarter for everyone. We deploy our technology and talent to deliver innovation and automation through our SaaS and Business Process Management solutions from which we create actionable data analytics and insight. To date, ESG has enabled a significant number of new entrant energy suppliers to enter the industry and we manage several million customers on behalf of suppliers and metering companies. Clients include a host of well-known energy providers, both UK and overseas based. We operate a Hybrid working policy so you will be able to flex between working in the office and your home location to carry out this role. but during your initial training period the need to be in office full time with other team members will be essential. We are eager to hire a Cloud Support Engineer who is keen to learn, is a goal-oriented self-starter and who will take ownership of the position. You will be joining a team who are responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, & maintenance of systems, hardware, software & related infrastructure which make up our Private Cloud SaaS platform. You will participate in some technical R&D to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. You will ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems & related procedures adhere to Information Security Management Systems (ISMS), enabling secure & reliable delivery of software solutions to our customers.
- Deploy and configure server infrastructure via configuration management tools and associated toolkits.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the ESG product suite to facilitate the deployment of applications on a customer’s environment.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of software applications to internal test environments
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of software applications on customer environments
- Maintain and monitor all network, security and computer systems to meet the organization’s current and future requirements
- Patching and vulnerability management of computer systems
- Management of, maintenance and architecture of storage, virtualised environment, servers, network devices, and productivity tools
- Monitor systems and identify performance issues proactively
- Work within strict time frames and elevate incidents within defined timeframes
- Test all changes to networks, hardware, software, and hosted applications
- Work with various vendors and service providers to resolve issues
- Resolve issues and prepare status reviews and reports
- Maintain the necessary project plans and documentation of all system builds and modifications
- Interact and coordinate with vendors, suppliers, distributors and contract consultants
- Maintain a good working knowledge of current infrastructure and future trends
- Maintain good working relationships with all service providers and vendor to ensure that services received meet expected requirements of contract
- Degree in Computer/IT related discipline
- Microsoft Certifications (MCSE) or MCP in relevant subject.
- CompTIA A+ certification
- Experience using VMWare and HyperV
- Experience in 2nd Line Server Support
- Strong technical background in a hosted services environment including infrastructure networks, hardware, an software
- Experience deploying and configuring into Private and Public Cloud environments.
- Experience with incident ticketing systems
- Experience using automated monitoring and centralised patching tools
- Experience with scripting using PowerShell.
- Ability to identify incident trends in order to elevate incidents in accordance with standard protocols
- Able to gather relevant information systematically to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Good analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Good attention to detail, testing and documentation
- Knowledge of ITIL and industry best practices
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with third party service providers and vendors
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Follow IMS Policies
- Reporting of Incidents
- ISO Responsibilities
- ISO Staff Awareness