- Contract Type
- Contract Type
- Full Time, 37.5 Hours a week
- Chorley - Hybrid
We are an innovative and market leading software & services company based in Chorley serving clients in the utility sector ranging from new entrants to large existing suppliers. We deliver sophisticated software solutions and managed services in a Private Cloud infrastructure, servicing both traditional and modern real-time, smart energy clients.
Given the ongoing situation with COVID, you will initially work remotely, with dedicated support being provided by a senior team member by way of Teams, Slack, Phone, Screensharing etc. Our goal will be to return to our Chorley based office in the coming months, which is where you will be based. However, there will still be an option of working remotely when this happens under ESG’s Hybrid Remote Working Policy. During your probation period, which is 6 months, you will be expected to attend the office frequently for training.
- To understand GUI standards and assist users in interpreting these as required, liaising with the users, and undertaking GUI design and prototyping; to participate in quality reviews.
- To appreciate the importance of design and software specifications; produce and amend software specifications; resolve queries arising from software specifications; to participate in quality reviews.
- To construct and document new and amended software in accordance with Utilisoft standards, to meet the requirements of the design/program specification; to undertake and participate in quality reviews.
- Provide customer support for installed ESG products by identifying, diagnosing, and providing a resolution.
- Have an interest in the Java eco-system, read about new frameworks, keep up to date with new language features and think how these can be applied to existing products
- To understand the principles and objectives of documentation; assist in the preparation of documentation.
- To contribute to the project planning process by providing estimates of effort and elapsed time for the assigned work; to advise of any deviations from the plan and recommend corrective actions.
- To understand the importance of quality control, to comply with all relevant standards and procedures and participate in quality assurance and control activities.
- To understand the importance of change control and work within a formal change control system.
- To report progress and participate in progress meetings.
- A minimum 2:1 Degree in Computer/IT related discipline or an active GitHub profile with a keen interest in Java
You will have:
- Good problem-solving techniques
- Good inter-personal skills
- Ability to work well within a team
- Be a self-starter and show initiative
- Good understanding of full IT lifecycle, with detailed knowledge of at least one of the following: Analysis/Design, Software Engineering, Testing, Implementation
- Experience of software development, either commercial or academic, with one or more of the following technologies: Java, Spring, Hibernate, Maven, JUnit, JQuery, HTML & CSS
- Proven experience of software development projects and a commitment to utilising development methodologies is essential
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Working knowledge of the Energy Industry is desirable, but not essential
- Working in an agile software development environment is desirable, but not essential
- Follow IMS Policies
- Reporting of Incidents
- ISO Responsibilities
- ISO Staff Awareness