- Contract Type
- Contract Type
- Full Time, Shifts Monday to Saturday between 07:30 and 21:30. A minimum of 37.5 hours per week. Additional On Call out of hours support on rotation.
ESG UK is a market leading provider of innovative technology and services to the Utilities and Energy industry. We are creating a more competitive utilities sector, improving our customer’s lives through better service and greater choice and guiding our clients through complex industry change. Our purpose is to make utilities smarter for everyone. We deploy our technology and talent to deliver innovation and automation through our SaaS and Business Process Management solutions from which we create actionable data analytics and insight. To date, ESG UK has enabled a significant number of new entrant energy suppliers to enter the industry and we manage several million customers on behalf of suppliers and metering companies. Clients include a host of well-known energy providers, both UK and overseas-based. We are eager to hire a Lead Infrastructure Engineer who is keen to learn, is a goal-oriented self-starter and who will take ownership of the position. You will be joining a team who are responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, & maintenance of systems, hardware, software & related infrastructure. You will participate in technical R&D to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. You will ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems & related procedures adhere to Information Security Management Systems (ISMS), enabling secure & reliable delivery of software solutions to our customers. This role will provide support through the lifecycle of projects including the definition of needs, benefits, & technical strategy; R&D; technical analysis/design; support operations staff in executing, testing & rolling-out the solutions. Knowledge of high uptime, 24×7 environments would be particularly beneficial.
• Deploy and configure server infrastructure via configuration management tools and associated toolkits.
• Support the platform and provide incident troubleshooting, problem solving and resolution to meet strict defined SLAs.
• Plan, execute and deliver complex IT infrastructure projects.
• Demonstrate leadership qualities and successfully lead a team
• Mentor other team members, providing technical assistance, guidance and feedback
• Acting as an escalation point both within the team and for internal/external customers
• Planning and delivering technical workshops within the business
• Maintain and monitor network, security and computer systems to meet the organization’s current and future requirements
• Management, maintenance and architecture of storage, virtualised environments, servers, network devices, and productivity tools
• Monitor systems and identify performance issues proactively
• Work within strict time frames and elevate incidents within defined timeframes
• Test changes to networks, hardware, software, hosted environments and solutions
• Work with various vendors and service providers to procure appropriate hardware, software and technical services.
• Maintain good working relationships with service providers and vendors to ensure that services received meet expected requirements of contract
• Prepare and present status, capacity and incident reviews and reports
• Professionally represent the infrastructure team as a technical consultant on internal and external projects.
• Create and maintain documentation of all system builds and modifications
• Maintain a good working knowledge of current infrastructure and future trends, helping drive innovation within the infrastructure and business
• Identify and raise changes in accordance with the company’s change management and control procedures
• Follow IMS Policies
• Reporting of Incident
• ISO Responsibilities
• ISO Staff Awareness
• Experience leading, managing and motivating others in a team environment
• Successful leadership and technical delivery of IT projects.
• Experience at 1st/2nd/3rd line IT support
• Strong virtualization experience using VMWare and Hyper-V
• Experience configuring and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows Server environments including Active Directory, GPO, Exchange/O365, IIS, SCCM, VMM
• Experience with incident ticketing systems, ticket management, escalation and resolution within defined SLAs
• Experience using automated monitoring and centralised patching tools
• Experience with automation techniques, for instance scripting using PowerShell.
• Good knowledge of Infrastructure security and hardening procedures
• Experience with firewalls, and network segregation.
• Experience deploying and configuring into a Cloud environments
• Solid technical background in a hosted services environment including infrastructure networks, hardware, software and telecommunications
• Ability to identify incident trends in order to elevate incidents in accordance with standard protocols
• Able to gather relevant information systematically to troubleshoot and resolve issues
• Good analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
• Good attention to detail, testing and documentation
• Knowledge of ITIL and industry best practices
• Ability to maintain good working relationships with third party service providers and vendors
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Degree (or equivalent) in Computer/IT related discipline
• Microsoft Certifications (MCSE) or MCP in relevant subject.
• VMWare Certifications
• CompTIA A+ certification
• AWS/Azure certifications