- Contract Type
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Chorley - Hybrid
- Governance & Security
Description of responsibilities
- Lead and deliver Privacy Program core initiatives including developing plans, drafting deliverable and engaging stakeholders as needed.
- Act as a technical resource providing advice on the practical consequences of complying with international (UK, US, Japan) relevant privacy obligations, including interpretation of relevant laws, and guidance on the implementation of internal policies, procedures and guidance.
- Responsibility for maintaining ESG’s Privacy framework (Governance, policies, standards and guidance) including monitoring the implementation and application of internal data protection policies and processes.
- Develop good relationships and work closely with key managers across the global functions to ensure that policy information and supporting processes are communicated clearly and operationalized effectively.
- Foster a data protection culture within the organization and help to implement essential elements of data protections, such as the principles of data processing and data protection by design and by default. Lead engagement sessions and coaching with the division leads in Marketing, HR, Information Security, Sales/Operations, Events and Digital teams, developing materials as needed.
- Review global and high-risk Privacy Impact Assessments and vendor privacy risk assessments to provide advice on new projects, platforms, and products.
- Providing analysis and advice on complex data protection queries providing pragmatic recommendations to the business teams.
- Work to maintain our Records of Processing Activities documentation including documentation of Legal Basis for the company’s processing of personal data.
- Work with the legal team in the review of legal contracts and advise where necessary on data sharing arrangements and data processing agreements.
- Support and advise on ESGs Data Loss Prevention System
- Work with the sales team and customers to respond to RFP’s and RFI’s.
- Lead incident and breach investigations supporting Privacy, as necessary.
- Support the DPO to assess the level of compliance maturity and privacy-related risks within ESG including Risk Reporting process.
- Monitor compliance activities and effectiveness of internal controls conducting assessments and audits to suggest improvements.
- Keep abreast of Data Privacy Law changes around the world (e.g. United Kingdom, United States, Japan).
- All other related duties as assigned.
- May be responsible for training, assisting or assigning tasks to others. May provide input to performance reviews of other employees
- 3 – 5 years of managing privacy operations in a global organization.
- Working to tight deadlines.
- Analytical thinking and attention to detail.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team communicating with all levels of staff.
- Obtained or working towards CIPP or CIPM (Preferable)
- Follow IMS Policies
- Reporting of Incidents
- ISO Responsibilities
- ISO Staff Awareness
- This job operates in a professional office environment. The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
- We operate a Hybrid working policy so you will be able to flex between working in the office and your home location to carry out this role. but during your initial training period the need to be in office more frequently with other team members will be essential.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This position regularly requires the employee to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; sit; stoop; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 12 kilos / 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
- While performing the duties of this job, there will be routine deadlines, variance in work volume; and occasional exposure to demands and pressures.
- This job requires 5% travel to other ESG locations, client premises and 3rd party premises.