- Contract Type
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Norwell, MA
The Desktop Support Engineer’s role is to oversee the Corporate IT process for the US staff and to ensure that end users are receiving the appropriate assistance. This includes the responsibility of managing all procedures related to the identification, prioritization, and resolution of end user requests as well as monitoring, tracking and coordinating Help Desk functions. The Senior Desktop Support Engineer will also contribute to problem resolution by providing in-person, hands-on support to end users at the desktop level.
- Manage the processing of incoming Help Desk tickets and ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues.
- Administer the US Help Desk ticketing system. Use the ticketing system to gather and analyze metrics to benchmark the Help Desk workload/performance and identify trends in issues.
- Train the Corporate IT staff on operational procedures and troubleshooting techniques. Provide training on new hardware and/or software applications as requested. Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Analyze performance of Help Desk activities and document resolutions, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems.
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols and standards in support of help desk technology procurement and development efforts.
- Establish and enforce Help Desk service level agreements in consultation with end users to establish problem resolution expectations and time frames.
- Liaise with vendors for the procurement of new systems technologies, oversee installation, and resolve adaptation issues.
- Coordinate and/or perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups and configuring systems and applications.
- Monitor and test fixes to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Assess the need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on request trends and make recommendations.
- Oversee development and dissemination of help sheets, usage guides and other informational materials for end users.
- All other related duties as assigned.
- 4-5 years’ experience in a technical support team
- Technically proficient in desktop operating systems, both Windows and Mac OS
- Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience
- Proven track record of developing service level agreement and Help Desk deliverables
- Solid relationship management and performance management skills
- Ability to motivate and direct staff members and subordinates
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and customer service orientation
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities with a keen attention to detail
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Technical Capabilities including, but not limited:
- Laptop and PC configuration for staff use including loading of all corporate applications using standard imaging per defined role
- Connection and removal of staff machines from the ESG Domain as necessary
- Technical troubleshooting for User machine issues, including Domain/network connection, and hardware and software issues for standard ESG configurations.
- Implementation and installation of our software as part of corporate security objectives on staff machines as new products are rolled out by our Security or SRE teams.