- Contract Type
- Contract Type
- Full Time
We are an innovative and market leading software & services company based in Chorley serving clients in the utility sector ranging from new entrants to large existing suppliers. We deliver sophisticated software solutions and managed services in a Private Cloud infrastructure, servicing both traditional and modern real-time, smart energy clients.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide customer support for installed Utilisoft products by identifying, diagnosing, and providing a resolution.
- To provide application support by resolving complex queries raised through the service desk to the agreed service level.
- To assist in the definition of feasible, cost-effective solutions to meet the agreed functional and non-functional requirements.
- To understand GUI standards and assist users in interpreting these as required, liaising with the users, and undertaking GUI design and prototyping.
- To participate in the design and architecture of the software solution.
- To undertake and participate in quality reviews.
- To assist in the identification of opportunities for component and technology re-use.
- To appreciate the importance of design and software specifications.
- To construct and document new and amended software in accordance with ESG Global (Energy) standards, to meet the requirements of the design/program specification.
- To understand the principles and objectives of user documentation; assist in the preparation of user documentation.
- To contribute to the project planning process by providing estimates of effort and elapsed time for the assigned work; to advise of any deviations from the plan and recommend corrective actions.
- To understand the importance of quality control, to comply with all relevant standards and procedures and participate in quality assurance and control activities.
- To understand the importance of change control and work within a formal change control system.
- To report progress and participate in progress meetings.
- Have an interest in the Java eco-system, read about new frameworks, keep up to date with new language features and think how these can be applied to existing products.
- Active mentoring of junior software engineers via pair programming, code reviews, etc.
- At least 5 years commercial experience of software development, with one or more of the following technologies: Java, Spring, Hibernate, Maven, GIT, JUnit, JQuery, HTML & CSS
- Proven experience of software development projects and a commitment to utilising development methodologies is essential
- Ability to provide software process improvements is essential
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Working knowledge of the Energy Industry is desirable, but not essential
- Working in an agile software development environment is desirable, but not essential
Qualifications, Attributes and Experience
- A minimum 2:1 Degree in Computer/IT related discipline or an active GitHub profile with a keen interest in Java.
- A minimum of 5+ years development experience within a commercial environment.
You will have:
- Good problem-solving techniques
- Good inter-personal skills
- Ability to work well within a team
- Be a self-starter and show initiative
- Good understanding of full IT lifecycle, with detailed knowledge of at least one of the following: Analysis/Design, Software
- Engineering, Testing, Implementation
- Follow IMS Policies
- Reporting of Incident
- ISO Responsibilities
- ISO Staff Awareness