- Contract Type
- Contract Type
- Monday to Friday, some flexibility may be required to support shift operations on a Saturday. Covering hours between 08:00-18:00. A minimum of 37.5 hours per week.
- ESG Global (Energy) Ltd UK Head Office, Brisance House, Euxton Lane, Lancashire, PR7 6AQ
We are an innovative and market leading software & services company based in Chorley serving clients in the utility sector ranging from new entrants to large existing suppliers. We deliver sophisticated software solutions and managed services in a Private Cloud infrastructure, servicing both traditional and modern real-time, smart energy clients.
Given the ongoing situation with COVID, you will initially work remotely, with dedicated support being provided by a senior team member by way of Zoom, Slack, Phone, Screensharing etc. Our goal will be to return to our Chorley based office in the coming months, which is where you will be based. However, there will still be an option of working remotely when this happens under ESG’s Hybrid Remote Working Policy. During your probation period, which is 6 months, you will be expected to attend the office frequently for training.
As Service Desk Junior you will be responsible for ensuring that ESG’s customers receive excellent customer service. You will be responsible for triaging calls raised on the Service Desk portal, ensuring the correct prioritisation is applied alongside making sure enough detail is provided on the ticket before it is assigned to the relevant team.
Working in a busy and dynamic service desk environment a willingness to ‘get stuck in’ and contribute outside of your specific area of responsibility is expected. You will have a strong customer focus and seek to continuously improve the service desk function internally and service desk experience or ESG’s clients.
Description of Responsibilities
- Responsible for the triage of service desk calls received including correct prioritisation and allocation to the first and second line support teams
- Responsible for logging and responding to service desk calls & emails that are submitted to the ESG Service Desk.
- Responsible for the management, monitoring and escalation of service desk tickets to ensure they meet or exceed contracted SLAs or OLAs
- Responsible for customer escalations received via email or by phone
- Working across departments within ESG to ensure appropriate and timely resolution of service desk tickets.
- Providing courteous, professional, timely and helpful responses to customer enquiries on the helpdesk
- Responsible for helping to build excellent customer relationships
- Improve efficiencies through the automation of the reporting suite wherever possible
- Responsible for the maintenance, both internal and customer facing, service desk documentation
- Administration of the Service Desk tool as required
- Participate in ISO27001 and ISO9001 accreditations
- Understand the principles of ISO27001, ISO 9001, other regulatory obligations and ensure compliance in our service desk processes
- Participate in a programme of continuous improvement, to ensure the support systems and processes are appropriate to changing company and customer requirements.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and team working capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Customer focused
- A strong sense of pride and accountability for delivering excellent customer service
- Articulate and diplomatic
- Detail orientated with an analytical mind set
- Self-motivated and willing to contribute outside direct areas of responsibility
- Able to project a professional image
- Able to work effectively under pressure
- Able to focus on both detail and accuracy
- Able to work as part as a team or individually
- Tactful and diplomatic, able to influence people
Qualifications, Attributes & Experience
- Experience of working in an ITIL environment is desirable but not essential
- Follow IMS Policies
- Reporting of Incident
- ISO Responsibilities
- ISO Staff Awareness