- To be discussed
- Contract Type
- Contract Type
- Full Time
We are an innovative and market leading software & services company based in Chorley serving clients in the utility sector ranging from new entrants to large existing suppliers. We deliver sophisticated software solutions and managed services in a Private Cloud infrastructure, servicing both traditional and modern real-time, smart energy clients.
The Smart Industry Operations Managed Service department at ESG provides an expert, highly efficient back-office operation for independent energy suppliers & agents. Provision of the Managed Service allows ESG to support explosive growth in the independent sector of the energy market and enables our customers to focus on growing their business, acquiring and serving their customers while we focus on managing the back-office complexity & highly regulated landscape of the energy industry.
The advent of smart metering has resulted in our introduction of a Smart service interfacing with the DCC to support the rollout and on-going management of SMETS2 and enrolled SMETS1 metering. ESG’s Smart Managed Service is a complex and real-time service and expected to grow significantly in line with the smart meter rollout and as additional services are developed.
The Smart Operation Manager’s role is to manage, nurture, grow & drive efficiencies into the Operation; to effectively manage departmental & contractual performance to ensure service levels are met, client satisfaction is achieved and costs are managed effectively. The role reports to the ESG’s Head of Smart Services and will be responsible for the day to day management responsibility and accountability for the delivery of the live Smart Industry Operations Managed service and the smart testing services provided to our clients.
The SOM will have previous experience of managing teams in the energy sector, and will have a strong sense of accountability and determination to deliver excellent and efficient customer service.
The SOM will interface with clients and various departments across ESG including Projects, Account Management, Product Engineering and Sales.
Knowledge of Smart metering processes, specifically SMETS 2 and interfacing with DCC is essential.
Prior experience of business process automation is desirable, but not essential.
Prior exposure to ESG software and services is desirable, but not essential.
- Managing the Operations Sections for the key services:
- uSmart Industry Operations
- Smart Client Testing Services
- Additional Smart Services as introduced
- Managing new customer take on
- Managing the service delivery relationship with key accounts – regular client interaction by all channels
- Providing a point of escalation internally and externally for Smart Operations issues.
- Managing key industry body relationships, e.g. DCC
- Representation of ESG at industry forums
- Driving effectiveness (compliance with industry & ESG processes) and efficiency of service delivery, with specific focus on: Process Improvement & Automation.
- Representing and championing Operational requirements to the engineering department.
- Managing to SLA – driving a “zero service credit” culture throughout
- Efficiency improvements YoY in Productivity, Efficiency & Effectiveness
- Customer Retention through excellent quality of service delivery
- Successful take-on of new customers into all service areas within deadlines
- Successful participation in CIO audits
- Successful implementation of new products and software industry releases into Production service.
- 1-2-1s with Team Managers & enforcement down to team levels
- Attendance Management to staff contractual hours at SLA thresholds, managing work peaks and troughs effectively and minimizing any requirement for overtime
- Performance Management to maintain productivity
- Training and Development Plans to encourage staff personal development and internal progression
- Promotion of a positive working culture throughout the department
- Passionate about customer care and quality of service delivery
- Driven to be effective and efficient and always provide value for money
- Focused, pro-active, organised
- Tenacious & dedicated
- Able to manage a busy operations team, motivating at times of stretch or issue
- Diplomatic and calm under pressure
- Conscientious with a strong sense of pride and personal accountability
- Good at problem solving
- Customer focused
- Proficient with written & verbal communications
Qualification, Attributes & Experience
- Minimum 3 years’ in smart metering
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of managing a team
- Previous supply-side experience in a commercial software and services business – highly desirable
- Follow IMS Policies
- Reporting of Incident
- ISO Responsibilities
- ISO Staff Awareness