• To assist in the definition of feasible, cost-effective solutions to meet the agreed functional and non-functional requirements.
• Knowledge of technical frameworks.
• To understand GUI standards and assist users in interpreting these as required; liaising with the users and undertaking GUI design and prototyping; to participate in quality reviews.
• To design parts of the physical system; define the system processes; map the processes onto the data model; describe the life cycle of the data entities; define and design user interfaces; contribute towards the production of the physical design specification; to participate in quality reviews.
• To assist in the identification of opportunities for component and technology re-use.
• To identify opportunities for product improvements
• To assist in the resolution of conflicts between functional requirements and technical or resource constraints.
• To appreciate the importance of design and software specifications; produce and amend software specifications; resolve queries arising from software specifications; to undertake and participate in quality reviews.
• To perform development testing of their work and to help resolve any issues raised.
• To construct and document new and amended complex software in accordance with ESG standards, to extract and meet the requirements of the design/program specification; to undertake and participate in quality reviews.
• Follow JIRA/Git processes and update accordingly
• To contribute to the project planning process by providing estimates of effort and elapsed time for the assigned work; to advise of any deviations from the plan and recommend corrective actions.
• To ensure all project issues and risks are reported accurately; make recommendations for corrective actions.
• To understand the importance of quality control, to comply with all relevant standards and procedures and participate in quality assurance and control activities.
• To understand the importance of change control and work within a formal change control system.
• To understand the importance of configuration management and participate within the formal configuration management system.
• To report progress and participate in progress meetings.
• To understand the concepts of solutions implementation; understand data conversion; understand the transition, fall back and business change strategies; assist in the implementation of new and amended solutions.
• To produce technical documentation where required to support development delivered to customers and willing to demonstrate new functionality to both the team and customers if required.
Customer Support & Solutions
• Investigate issues raised by customers, resolving via data fixes using SQL or implementing root cause development bug fixes where appropriate.
• To respond to help desk queries raised by Suppliers.
You must possess:
• 3-year experience in a software development position
• 3-year experience with C#, SQL Server, ASP.NET (VB.NET and React.js desirable, but not essential)
• Experience of software development, with one or more of the following technologies: C#, SQL Server, Microsoft CRM, ASP.NET. React.js is highly desirable, but not essential
• Good working knowledge of multi-threading, SOLID principles, and Test-Driven Development
• Proven experience of software development projects and a commitment to utilising development methodologies is essential
• Ability to provide software process improvements is essential
• Good problem-solving techniques
• Good inter-personal skills
• Good understanding of the full development lifecycle, with detailed knowledge of at least one of the following: Analysis/Design, Software Engineering, Testing, Implementation
• Positive Attitude: someone who takes ownership and pride in their work
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Working knowledge of the Energy Industry is desirable, but not essential
• Experience of Agile methodologies
• Follow IMS Policies
• Reporting of Incident
• ISO Responsibilities
• ISO Staff Awareness