- Contract Type
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Burlington, MA
At ESG, our innovative technology empowers energy leaders to deliver on the future promise of energy. As global citizens, we are all aware of the need for a cleaner, democratic approach to our energy in which everyone benefits from new distributed technology. As an employee of ESG, you have the unique opportunity to be part of a team committed to helping accelerate this transition and make a shared contribution to our future. Our team of 500+ experts across the US, UK and Japan have decades of experience and deliver our mission through the shared values of excellence, passion, integrity and collaboration.
The Software Engineer develops information systems by studying operations, designing, developing, and installing software solutions and supports and develops the software team.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. The Software Engineer should have strong software and analytic skills and the ability to create innovative solutions with a willingness to express opinions and ideas. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is looking to grow their career in a fast-paced environment.
- Develop software using disciplined processes, adhering to industry standards and best practices, including agile development methods throughout the SDLC.
- Code, debug, and unit test systems per requirements and technical design.
- Code, update, debug and optimize SQL.
- Analyzing business and use cases and functional requirements and working with product managers and business analysts to produce detailed designs and provide detailed estimates for new features, enhancements, or repairs to existing programs.
- Adhere to design, architecture, performance, and operability and documentation standards.
- Document software applications, its configuration options, and expected results.
- Supporting testing activities by QA and service delivery teams.
- Team player who is delivery-oriented and takes responsibility for the team’s success.
- Enthusiastic, can-do attitude with the drive to continually learn and improve.
- All other related duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years software engineering experience with enterprise class or large scale ‘Software As A Service’ applications in an agile process environment.
- Extensive experience with Java technology stack.
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles.
- Familiarity with HTML / CSS.
- Strong object-oriented design skills and knowledge of design patterns.
- Extensive experience with SQL and relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server).
- Skilled with Web-Service based technologies such as SOAP, REST, experience with microservices architecture pattern.
- Extensive knowledge of unit testing, experience with continuous integration and deployment methodologies, code instrumentation techniques, code quality metrics.
- GIT experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies such as AWS or Azure is a strong plus.
- Must thrive in fast-paced environment and be adept at problem solving and delivery high-quality software.
- Must be able and willing to collaborate in a team/cooperative environment as well as exercise independent judgment and initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and meet multiple project deadlines.
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Occasional travel may be required.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field required, Master’s degree preferred.