- Contract Type
- Contract Type
- Full Time, Monday to Friday, 08:30-17:00 or 09:00-17:30. A minimum of 37.5 hours per week.
- Chorley, including some remote working
We are an innovative and market leading software & services company based in Chorley serving clients in the utility sector ranging from new entrants to large existing suppliers. We deliver sophisticated software solutions and managed services in a Private Cloud infrastructure, servicing both traditional and modern real-time, smart energy clients.
As a Test Analyst within the billing team, you will support the delivery of changes to the CRM & Billing product via thorough and efficient testing.
Description of Responsibilities
• Collaborate closely with Business Analysts, developers and team leads to fully understand and challenge requirements and code changes.
• Collaborate closely with Business Analysts, developers and team leads to identify system use, data and key scenarios associated with your testing.
• Analyse the risk associated with the change and write risk-based test cases.
• Assist Team Lead or Senior Testers test schedules for complex system changes as a mini project.
• Identify system dependencies across deliveries and consolidate testing as appropriate.
• Test data planning and preparation
• Define the environment requirements including supporting application configuration.
• Complete data setup
• Carry out test execution independently.
• Raise clear, valid defects during test execution.
• Own and manage defects through the lifecycle.
• Produce clear and concise test results with evidence.
• Work to quickly resolve test execution blockers.
• Continually keep Scrum Master and other stakeholders updated on progress and raise blockers when they occur.
• Advise and support the customer on UAT approach and test techniques.
• Deliver agreed scope on or ahead of time and within budget targets.
• Carefully manage risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies.
• Testing professional with at least 2 years system testing experience.
• Relevant system testing experience within the energy industry, specifically Gas/Electricity (Essential).
• Experience in testing of CRM/Billing systems for energy suppliers (Essential)
• Willing to undergo BS7858 screening.
Qualifications, Attributes and Experience
• Has an understanding of SDLC.
• Has an understanding of agile practices.
• Has actively contributed to user story refinement.
• Understands what makes a good user story and has provided feedback where improvements are needed.
• Understands the systems integration process and the risks involved.
• Performed SIT and UAT support on projects with time spent resolving issues or assisting with product queries.
• Able to troubleshoot defects actively contributing towards solution for root cause fixes.
• Good professional relationships with teams in other departments
• Encourages others to work to the company values and objectives.
• Shows initiative through decision making and taking action.
• Passionate about delivering quality and removes blockers on behalf of the customer or other team members.
• Hard working and willing to go above and beyond when required.
• Invests own time in personal improvement and seeks to continually learn.
• Follow IMS Policies
• Reporting of Incident
• ISO Responsibilities
• ISO Staff Awareness