- Contract Type
- Contract Type
- Monday to Friday, 08:30-17:00 or 09:00-17:30. A minimum of 37.5 hours per week.
- Research & Development
We are an innovative and market leading software & services company based in Chorley serving clients in the utility sector ranging from new entrants to large existing suppliers. We deliver sophisticated software solutions and managed services in a Private Cloud infrastructure, servicing both traditional and modern real-time, smart energy clients.
As a leading energy software and managed services business we are currently looking to recruit a SQL Server Data Analyst to join our exciting team to help develop best in class applications, dashboards and BI applications to support internal teams and external clients.
You will play a key role in the development of complex systems and reports based on Microsoft SQL Server. The post holder will act as a Business Intelligence Developer within the R&D team to deliver well designed and high performance products. The post holder will work closely with the Data Analysts team to drive BI product development.
You will identify and prioritise solutions that improve the Business Intelligence service for the organisation, designing, implementing, testing and deploying a range of BI solutions.
You will be responsible for the creation, design and analysis of regular daily, weekly and monthly management information reports, including data relating to operations, process flow, KPIs as well as reports of an ad-hoc nature.
The ideal candidate will have experience of:
· Developing and implementing complex models and developing reports using appropriate technologies
· Relational databases and intermediate level knowledge of SQL, data mining, and data analytics skills
· Hands on experience with MySQL 8+, MSSQL
· Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization being able to analyse and interpret key data to identify efficiencies
· Strong adaptable, problem solving skills with a good flair of creativity and teamwork
· You will have had experience providing and supporting MI & BI Dashboards to Internal or External Clients including:
· Providing clients with meaningful and actionable insights based on their data
· Creating, delivering, supporting data Analysis that exemplify industry best-practice
· Understanding of Statistical modelling to produce metrics and reports on industry
· Understand a wide range of statistical techniques and machine learning
· Be able to present to a non-technical audience
Experience within the utilities sector, NoSQL and Java would be advantageous
· Excellent IT skills including MS SQL Server and T-SQL
· Experience with BI products
· Able to write and understand Complex SQL & MDX Queries
· Report Design / Information/database Design Skills
· Support report requests and communicating all changes, enhancements from business perspective
· Strong system reporting skills to be able to represent information in an informative way
Qualifications, Attributes & Experience
· Good problem solving techniques
· Good inter-personal skills
· Excellent written and verbal communications
· Excellent Interpersonal and team working capabilities
You will be:
· Able to demonstrate self-motivation and initiative
· Able to project a professional image
· Articulate and diplomatic
· Able to work effectively under pressure
· Able to focus on both detail and accuracy
- Follow IMS Policies
- Reporting of Incident
- ISO Responsibilities
- ISO Staff Awareness