- To be discussed
- Contract Type
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Currently work from home - transitioning to Chorley office
We are an innovative and market leading software & services company based in Chorley serving clients in the utility sector ranging from new entrants to large existing suppliers. We deliver sophisticated software solutions and managed services in a Private Cloud infrastructure, servicing both traditional and modern real-time, smart energy clients.
Customer Support & Solutions:
- Investigate issues raised by customers, resolving via data fixes using SQL or implementing root cause development bug fixes where appropriate.
- To respond to help desk queries raised by Suppliers.
- Review products produced by Suppliers.
- To assist in the definition of feasible, cost-effective solutions to meet the agreed functional and non-functional requirements.
- Knowledge of technical frameworks.
- To understand GUI standards and assist users in interpreting these as required; liaising with the users and undertaking GUI design and prototyping; to participate in quality reviews.
- To design parts of the physical system; define the system processes; map the processes onto the data model; describe the life cycle of the data entities; define and design user interfaces; contribute towards the production of the physical design specification; to participate in quality reviews.
- To assist in the identification of opportunities for component and technology re-use.
- To identify opportunities for product improvements
- To assist in the resolution of conflicts between functional requirements and technical or resource constraints.
- To appreciate the importance of design and software specifications; produce and amend software specifications; resolve queries arising from software specifications; to undertake and participate in quality reviews.
- To perform development testing of their work and to help resolve any issues raised.
- To construct and document new and amended complex software in accordance with Utilisoft standards, to extract and meet the requirements of the design/program specification; to undertake and participate in quality reviews.
- Follow the JIRA/Git processes and update accordingly
- To contribute to the project planning process by providing estimates of effort and elapsed time for the assigned work; to advise of any deviations from the plan, and recommend corrective actions.
- To ensure all project issues and risks are reported accurately; make recommendations for corrective actions.
- To understand the importance of quality control, to comply with all relevant standards and procedures and participate in quality assurance and control activities.
- To understand the importance of change control and work within a formal change control system.
- To understand the importance of configuration management and participate within the formal configuration management system.
- To report progress and participate in progress meetings.
- To understand the concepts of solutions implementation; understand data conversion; understand the transition, fall back and business change strategies; assist in the implementation of new and amended solutions.
- To produce technical documentation where required to support development delivered to customers and willing to demonstrate new functionality to both the team and customers if required.
- To assist in internal and client server deployments
- To manage user accounts and security configuration on internal/external servers
- To assist in server management
- To maintain DevOps knowledge base
- To maintain and develop new PowerShell/.NET tools to assist development team
- To provide DevOps support to billing team (investigate issues, feedback data, etc.)
- Experience of software development, with one or more of the following technologies: C#, .Net, SQL Server, Microsoft CRM, ASP.Net, PowerShell
- Proven experience of software development projects and a commitment to utilising development methodologies is essential
- Ability to provide software process improvements is essential
- Good problem solving techniques
- Good inter-personal skills
- Good understanding of the full development lifecycle, with detailed knowledge of at least one of the following; Analysis/Design, Software Engineering, Testing, Implementation
- Positive Attitude; someone who takes ownership and pride in their work
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of the Energy Industry is desirable, but not essential
- Working knowledge of release management software, but not essential
Qualifications & Experience
- 3-year experience in a software development position
- 3-year experience with Microsoft SQL Server, C#, ASP.Net (VB.NET desirable, but not essential)
- Follow IMS Policies
- Reporting of Incident
- ISO Responsibilities
- ISO Staff Awareness